- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Dolma or Sarma Recipe Video
|Grape leaves in brine||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), rinsed|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Dried mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Yellow onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1039.1 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix rice, parsley, tomato, mint, green onion, yellow onion, cayenne pepper, ½ cup lemon juice and salt.
2. Place 1 tablespoon stuffing on each grape leaf and roll it.
3. Line a pot with some sliced carrots.
4. Layer in the rolled grape leaves and place a dish upside down on top, then place a heavy object over the dish.
5. Add remainder of lemon juice and 1 cup water, bring to a boil then turn down heat to medium low.
6. Cook for 2 hours on low heat and half way through add 1/2 up of olive oil.
7. When 2 hours are up, let pot rest for minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
8. In a serving plate, serve the dolma at room temperature or cold with yogurt.