- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Dates - Ramadan Specials Recipe Video
|For salty version|
|Dates||200 Gram, seeds removed|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chives||75 Gram, chopped|
|Goat cheese||75 Gram|
|For almond paste|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Orange blossom water||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
|Dark chocolate||100 Gram|
|Edible foil sheet||2|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 7267 Calories from Fat 3924
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 463 g711.9%
Saturated Fat 97.2 g486%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 215.8 mg
Sodium 309 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 722 g240.7%
Dietary Fiber 110.3 g441.1%
Sugars 555.6 g
Protein 167 g334.6%
Vitamin A 124.2% Vitamin C 79.7%
Calcium 237.5% Iron 208.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the chives and walnuts with the goat cheese.
2. Stuff the dates with the cheese mixture.
3. Serve with a mild juice.
SWEET VERSION RECIPE:
1. In a saucepan, boil water, add almonds and let them sit for few minutes. Strain and place on a towel, rub with the towel to remove the skin.
2. In a food processor, place almonds, melted butter, sugar, orange blossom water, and cinnamon, blend to get a fine paste.
3. Make small cylinders of the almond mixture, stuff in the dates, add walnut in desired.
4. As a variation, make small almond paste balls and sandwich them with the walnut halves.
5. In a bain - marie, melt the chocolate and dip the stuffed dates in the melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate becomes solid.
6. Decorate with edible foil sheet and serve.