- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Cucumber Rings Recipe
|Cucumbers||2 Pound (Short Thick Ones)|
|Mushrooms||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lean cooked ham||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried summer savory||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||5 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 721
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 48.9 g244.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.5 mg
Sodium 939.9 mg39.2%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 90.7% Vitamin C 79.2%
Calcium 33.4% Iron 41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the cucumbers and cut then into rings which are about 1 ½-2 inches thick. Scoop out all the seeds.
2) Grease a large ovenproof dish. Arrange the cucumber rings in it in a single layer.
3) Trim the mushrooms. Coarsely chop them.
4) Dice the ham.
5) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
6) In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter. Saute the mushrooms and ham lightly for about 3 minutes.
7) Add the savory and parsley and with salt and pepper to taste, season the contents of the pan.
8) Stir in just enough breadcrumbs to bind the stuffing together.
9) With some salt and pepper, lightly sprinkle the cucumber rings before filling them with the stuffing.
10) With the remainder of the butter, dot the tops of the cucumber rings. Use foil to cover the dish tightly so that the cucumbers cook in their own steam.
11) Place the dish in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or till the rings have just tendered. When done, the rings should be slightly crisp.
12) Serve hot with a hot tomato or cheese sauce.