- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Cornish Hens With Orange Sauce Recipe
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||170 Milliliter, defrosted, divided|
|Long grain wild mix rice||170 Gram (Package)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cooked, crumbled|
|Cornish hens||3 Pound (Two 750 Gram, 1 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Browning sauce||1 Milliliter|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.7%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.7 mg
Sodium 424.9 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 42 g84.1%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the long grain and wild rice mix according to instruction, except use 50 mL or 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate for an equal amount of water.
2. Add the bacon to the mixture.
3. Put the stuffing in the hens and tie the legs together with cotton string.
4. In a bowl, mix remaining orange juice concentrate, honey and browning sauce to make the glaze. Keep aside.
5. In an 8-inch square dish, place the hens.
6. In the microwave, cover with waxed paper and cook for 22-26 minutes at High, or until the hens are tender, brushing with the glaze every 5 minutes.
7. Let it stand, covered, for at least 10 minutes before you serve.
8. In another bowl, reheat leftover stuffing for 3 to 5 minutes at High.
9. If desired, thicken the cooking juices to serve as gravy by removing fat, stirring in 15 mL (1 tablespoon) flour and cooking for 1 to 2 minutes at High, until thickened. Stir once in a while.
10. Serve the hens and the gravy.