- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Cornish Hens with Caramelized Pumpkin Recipe Video
|Walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, grated|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 930 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.7%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.9 mg
Sodium 1302.7 mg54.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 24.7 g
Protein 34 g68.1%
Vitamin A 681.5% Vitamin C 85%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together the spices with the vegetable oil and lemon juice; mix well.
2. Rub the prepared mixture all over the chicken.Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for few minutes.
3. Remove seeds from the pumpkin.
4. Chop walnuts.
4. Cover the pumpkin with a plastic wrap and microwave for about 15 minutes, until it turns tender.
5. Scoop out the pulp from pumpkin.
4 .In a flat pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
5. Add the pumpkin and cook for 30 minutes, stir occasionally and mash with a fork until pureed.
6. Add the spices, sugar, and honey to the pumpkin and let cook for another 20-30 minutes until the mixture becomes dry.Taste the pumpkin filling, adjust the spices, if required.
8. Add walnuts and mix.
9. Divide the pumpkin filling into 2 bowls: keep aside one for decoration and the other for stuffing chicken.
10. Stuff marinated hens with the pumpkin filling.
11. Using toothpicks and a cord, lace the hens (check out the video).
12. Heat a cooking pan over medium heat and add the stuffed hens, grated onion and cilantro; cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
13. Add 1/2 cup of water; cover pan and let the chicken cook.
14. Stir occasionally and also flip the chicken on different sides for about 45 minutes until cooked uniformly; check out the level of water and add as necessary.
15. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, boil for aboiut 5 minutes
16. Return the pan to heat and cook over high heat for few minutes until the sauce thickens.
17. In a dish, place the cooked hen and cover with the sauce.
18. Place the pumpkin mixture around the hens, and decorate with walnut.
19. Serve immediately with your choice of drink or beverage.