- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chestnuts Stuffed Clams Recipe
|Canned clams||22 1⁄2 Ounce, minced (3 Cans, 7 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Bottled clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked or canned|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.8 mg
Sodium 507.3 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 43 g87%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 85.1%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 252.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the clams and measure the juice; add enough bottled clam juice to make 1 cup.
2) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
3) In a saucepan, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and clam juice.
4) Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened.
5) Add in scallions, peas, water chestnuts and clams.
6) Divide the mixture evenly among 8 shells or ramekins.
7) Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
8) Arrange in flat serving plate, serve hot.