- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Chops With Kidney Bean And Juniper Sauce Recipe
|Pork chops||20 Ounce, trimmed of fat (4 Chops, About 125 To 150 Gram / 4 1/2 To 5 Ounce Each)|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Cooked long grain rice||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Fresh dates||4 , stoned|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For kidney bean and juniper sauce|
|Cooked kidney beans||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted vegetable stock||1⁄2 Pint (30 Centiliters)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 97.8 mg
Sodium 393.1 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat a browning dish for 5 to 7 minutes before cooking. The maximum time can be that in the manufacturer's instructions.
2) Process pine-nuts, rice, dates and rosemary in a food processor until blended-well. Else cut dates and pine-nuts and blend them with rice and rosemary by hand.
3) Stuff this mixture into the cavities cut in the side of each of the chops.
4) Use oil to grease the base of the heated dish and dry the chops gently with paper towels to allow browning.
5) In the dish, place the chops with the thickest part towards outside.
6) Using a spatula, press the chops down on to the browning surface and microwave for 1 minute on high when the sizzling stops.
7) Toss them over to brown the other side.
8) For the sauce, take a food processor or blender and process kidney beans, pepper, juniper berries, stock and tomato paste in it until pureed.
9) Take a shallow dish; pour the sauce into it and top with chops with their thicker part towards the outside of the dish.
10) Uncover and cook on high for about 7 minutes until the chops are just done.
11) Keep the chops warm after taking them from the dish.
12) Return the sauce back to the microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high until they become reduced and thickened, stirring once.
13) Spoon the sauce over chops and serve at once.