- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Chinese Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Ground pork/Ground beef/ground beef only||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Bamboo shoot||1 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (45 Gram)|
|Shiitake mushrooms/Dried mushrooms, soaked in water for 30 minutes||3 , diced|
|Corn starch/Potato starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Chinese cabbage leaves||8 , blanched, drained|
|Flour||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into julienne strips|
|Dashi broth/Consomme||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 619 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.4 mg
Sodium 7341.3 mg305.9%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A 1544.5% Vitamin C 1262.4%
Calcium 178.3% Iron 79.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the ground meat, bamboo shoot, shiitake mushrooms and add the filling seasonings, blend well; shape the mixture into 8 ovals.
2) Chop off the hard portion of the cabbage leaves, place each oval mixture into each cabbage leaf and roll, insert a cocktail stick into each roll to secure.
3) In a saucepan, place the cabbage rolls, carrot strips, dashi broth, soy sauce, sugar, sake, and salt.
4) Cover the saucepan with an aluminium foil and simmer over medium heat for about 15 min.
5) Garnish with carrot strips over the sauce and serve immediately.