- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Greek Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe Video
|Frozen chopped spinach packages||14 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, mince|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sundried tomatoes in oil||4 Ounce|
|Goat cheese||2 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Italian seasoning mix||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.3%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.1 mg
Sodium 359.1 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 37 g73.9%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needpan
1. Chop the frozen spinach, mince the garlic and onion and keep it aside.
2. Slit the chicken breast starting from the thick side creating a pocket, do not cut through completely.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
4. In a large pan saute the spinach on low heat let the water evaporate completely.
5. Increase the heat to medium and move the spinach in the side, add some olive oil in the same pan and saute the onions and garlic, and in another spot add the sun dried tomatoes and capers.
6. After 2 minutes combine all the ingredients and stir everything together.
7. Turn off the heat and keep the pan on the burner.
8. Add the goat cheese and cream cheese to the warm spinach mixture mix everything well and keep the pan off the stove or to a cooler burner.
9. Stuff the spinach mixture in the chicken breast and pinch the opening ends.
10. In a large pan on medium heat add olive oil and place the stuffed chicken breast in the pan.
11. Sear then chicken and brown them on all sides, once browned put it in the baking dish and sprinkle Italian spices over the chicken.
12. Bake it in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165f.
13. Once done remove and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
14. Slice the stuffed greek stuffed chicken.
15. Drizzle veloute sauce over the sliced chicken and serve hot.