- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2709 Calories from Fat 1165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g199.7%
Saturated Fat 47.1 g235.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 531.5 mg
Sodium 1136 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 294 g98%
Dietary Fiber 104.1 g416.3%
Sugars 148.5 g
Protein 139 g277.8%
Vitamin A 108.8% Vitamin C 2513.1%
Calcium 168.8% Iron 153.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put beef into a 1 1/2 -quart glass baking dish. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 4 minutes at High, or until meat is no longer pink; stir and break meat apart with a wooden spoon once. Drain off fat from meat.
3. Add cooked rice, onion, egg and poultry seasoning to beef; mix. Divide meat mixture into 8 even portions.
4. Cut the core out of each cabbage leaf. Place 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf. Fold 2 sides of leaf over meat and roll up leaves from the end. Secure with wooden picks, if needed. Arrange cabbage rolls seam-side-down in a 2 1/2-quart microwave-oven-safe open oval casserole.
5. Combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and water in a 2-cup glass measuring cup or small bowl. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 10 minutes at High, or until heated; rotate casserole one-half turn and rearrange once during cooking period.
6. Remove from oven, cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes before serving.