- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
|Cabbage leaves||4 Large (Use Outer Leaves)|
|For the stuffing:|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Minced beef||8 Ounce|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, peeled and chopped|
|Condensed tomato soup||300 Gram (1 Tin)|
Calories 878 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 100.8 mg
Sodium 1220.8 mg50.9%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.8%
Dietary Fiber 46.9 g187.5%
Sugars 71.4 g
Protein 48 g96.8%
Vitamin A 52.2% Vitamin C 1113.1%
Calcium 74.6% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. -Gas Mark 4)
2) Boil water and blanch cabbage for 2-3 minutes till soft.
3) Prepare stuffing in a saucepan. Melt butter, stir in onion and sauté.
4) Mix in mince, seasoning and mushrooms. Cook stirring gently till mince is brown.
5) Spoon some stuffing in the centre of each leaf. Fold and roll leaves to seal the mixture in.
6) Arrange in greased casserole dish. Pour soup and water.
7) Cover and put in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
8) Serve with parsley and crusted French bread.