- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Breast Of Veal Recipe
|Grated potato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated to make 1/2 cup|
|Parsnip||1 Small, grated|
|Green beans||1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Matzo meal||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken fat||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Veal breast||5 Pound (With Pocket For Stuffing)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Coarsely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5502 Calories from Fat 3346
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 371 g570.8%
Saturated Fat 144.5 g722.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1847.5 mg
Sodium 3756.7 mg156.5%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.3%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 416 g831.3%
Vitamin A 279.4% Vitamin C 297.8%
Calcium 38.8% Iron 97.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Make Stuffing: In medium bowl, combine all stuffing ingredients; mix well.
3. Spoon mixture into veal pocket, pushing mixture well into cavity. Sew open side of veal to hold in stuffing.
4. Place veal, meat side up, in 15-by-10-by-2-inch roasting pan. Cut 6 slits, 1/2 inch long and 1/2 inch deep, in top.
5. Spread garlic over top; sprinkle with salt, paprika and pepper.
6. Place onion and celery around veal. Add the water to bottom of pan.
7. Bake, uncovered; 2 hours; bake, covered with foil, 30 minutes more.
8. Remove veal to platter. Press vegetables with liquid through strainer; heat to boiling. Pour over veal.
9. Serve sliced, with yams, if desired.