- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Blueberry Omelette Recipe
|Corn starch||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened frozen blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed and mashed slightly|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil spray||1|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 143.8 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan, combine cornstarch, orange juice, blueberries, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well.
2. Cook over a medium flame till reduced. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine 2 whole eggs and 2 more egg yolks.
4. Add remaining vanilla extract and honey and beat well.
5. In a medium sized bowl, place egg whites and beat till foam stage.
6. Add cream of tartar and beat till stiff peak stage.
7. Add egg yolk mixture and gently fold using a rubber spatula.
8. In a large non stick skillet, spray vegetable oil and heat.
9. Pour prepared egg mixture and cover over medium flame for 2 minutes.
10. After 2 minutes, cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
11. Once done, remove from flame and place on a serving plate.
12. Stuff with blueberry mixture and fold.
13. Serve immediately.