- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Baked Winter Squash Recipe
|Acorn squash||2 Medium|
|Chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped apple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), drained (Packed In Juice)|
|Crumbled fat free date cookies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Health Valley, Delight Variety)|
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.94%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.81%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.53 mg
Sodium 22.9 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34.1%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 75.5%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set oven temperature to 375°F before baking.
2) Half each squash through the stem and remove seeds.
3) In a medium bowl, mix together rest of the ingredients except cinnamon and then stuff the mixture into squash shells, mounding if necessary.
4) In a deep casserole, place the stuffed squash and pour hot water so as to surround 1/2 inch of the casserole.
5) Bake, covered for 45 minutes in preheated oven until almost soft.
6) Remove the cover and top with cinnamon and again bake, uncovered for 10-15 minutes more until squash is soft when tested with a fork.
7) Serve hot.