- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
|Baking potatoes||6 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Processed cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 669 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.3 mg
Sodium 536.8 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 129.3%
Calcium 19.6% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the potatoes in a colander and thoroughly wash them under cold tap water, scrubbing the dirt from the skin.
2. Use a small paring knife to cut out eyes or rough parts.
3. Use a fork to prick the potatoes all over.
4. Generously coat the potatoes with butter.
5. Place potatoes in a slow-cooker or a crock pot.
6. Cover the pot with its lid
7. Slow cook the potatoes on HIGH for about 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve the potatoes for dinner, cook on LOW for about 10 hours.
8. When the potatoes are slightly cool enough to handle, slice off the top of each potato and use a small spoon to scoop out the flesh leaving a ¼ inch thick shell.
9. In a small bowl, add cream, butter, milk, seasonings to the potato pulp and whisk until light and fluffy.
10. Spoon the potato mixture back into the shells.
11. Place the stuffed potatoes on a baking tray.
12. Top with cheese.
13. 15 minutes before serving time, heat the oven to 425°F
14. Place the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese melts and potato pulp is lightly browned.
15. Serve the potatoes hot and cheesy garnished with chives.