- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Aubergines Recipe
|Aubergines||24 Ounce (2 Large Size, Good Shape, 350 Gram /12 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.2 mg
Sodium 724.3 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut in half horizontally.
3. Scoop out the flesh using a spoon, to within 0.5 cm/ 1/2 inch of the walls.
4. Chop the flesh and leave on one side.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergines outside down for about half a minute.
6. Drain and place in an ovenproof dish skin side down. Keep on one side.
7. Fry the onion until beginning to brown.
8. Remove rind from the bacon and chop, add to the onion with the garlic.
9. Cook for a minute, then add the aubergine flesh. Cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
10. Mix the breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning together in a bowl.
11. Remove the fried mixture from the pan with a slotted spoon and leave any extra liquid in the pan.
12. Mix into the breadcrumbs, etc. and pile into the aubergines.
13. Slice the tomatoes, arrange them between the aubergines and sprinkle with the cheese.
14. Co ver with foil and cook in a moderate oven (180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4) for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the aubergines are tender.
15. Serve either hot or cold, garnished with parsley.