- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Aubergines Recipe
|Minced meat||200 Gram (Pork And Beef)|
|Cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.9 mg
Sodium 209.9 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.7%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Parboil the aubergines, strain and let cool.
2. Then slice each aubergine in half lengthwise and scoop out some of the aubergine, leaving a hollow in the centre.
3. In a saucepan mix the minced meat with the chopped onion and fry.
4. Add half of the aubergine pulp and tomato puree and simmer gently.
5. Once cooked, remove from heat add the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the aubergines with the mixture and place them in a baking dish to which water and lard have been added.
7. Sprinkle tops with semolina and grated cheese and bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes.
8. Serve hot with the desired garnish.