- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
|Whole meal breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.2 mg
Sodium 401.1 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 15 g29.9%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 50.6%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove artichoke stalks and level at the base so that the artichokes stand upright.
2) Using a small sharp knife trim about 1 cm (1/2 inch) from the tips of all the pointed leaves.
3) Slice off about 2.5 cm (1 inch) from the top.
4) In a small bowl mix water acidulated with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
5) Dip each pieces of artichokes quickly in it to retain green colour.
6) In a plate spread the breadcrumbs for the stuffing in a shallow layer.
7) Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp. Keep aside
8) In a large dish measure 30 cl (1/2 pint) water and the remaining lemon juice.
9) Microwave the liquid on high for about 4 minutes until it boils.
10) Drain the artichokes. Arrange it over the hot liquid stalk ends up.
11) Cover with plastic film but leave a corner open.
12) Microwave on high for 12 minutes.
13) Take out the dish from the microwave and turn each artichoke upside down.
14) Cover with plastic film and microwave for 4 to 8 minutes until artichoke is soft.
15) Prepare the stuffing in a small mixing bowl.
16) Add breadcrumbs and cheese. Mix well.
17) At the center of the bowl make a well and pour oil into it.
18) Using a fork, mix crushed garlic and parsley into the oil.
19) Sprinkle black pepper and stir to blend the ingredients.
20) Drain cooked artichokes in a colander. Stand them upright on a board.
21) Using fingers, open the centre of each artichoke.
22) Pull out and remove few o central leaves.
23) With a teaspoon, scoop out and discard the hairy choke.
24) Gently pull leaves away from the body of each artichoke to make pockets.
25) Fill breadcrumb mixture into each pockets.
26) Drizzle remaining crumbs over artichokes.
27) On a serving dish arrange the stuffed artichokes.
28) Cover with plastic film and leave one corner open.
29) Microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes until heated through.
30) Serve warm.