- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Anchovy Stuffed Artichokes Recipe
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Olives||4 , chopped|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , chopped|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.2 mg
Sodium 554.2 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 63.5%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl of salted water soak the artichokes for 25 minutes.
2. Then drain them and beat each artichoke facing downwards on a table top so as to open the leaves.
3. To make the filling, mix all ingredients together.
4. Fill the artichokes with the mixture and place them in a saucepan standing next of each other.
5. Pour oil and vinegar on each artichoke, add a little water to the pan, cover well and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours or until leaves can be easily pulled out.
6. Serve hot with the desired garnish.