- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Apples In Saffron Sauce Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Rose water||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped mixed fruits||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 736 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 339.9 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g57.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 143.8 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 78.8%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the apples and core the centres.
2. Warm the saffron and rub with a little water until it dissolves.
3. Add the sugar, lemon juice, 1 teacup of water and the apples and cook until soft.
4. Remove the apples from the syrup and keep aside.
5. Boil the syrup until thick.
For the stuffing
1. Dissolve half the sugar in the rose water.
2. Knead the paneer with the remaining sugar and rose water.
3. Add the fruits and mix well.
How to proceed
1. Stuff the apples with the stuffing.
2. Arrange them on a plate and pour the saffron sauce on top.