- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Struffoli ( Tiny Honey- covered Fritters ) - Original Italian Recipe Video
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 1⁄5 Cup (51.2 tbs)|
|For the coating|
|Candied lemon peel||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sprinkles, red/white/blue||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||300 Milliliter|
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.7 mg
Sodium 39.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 36.6 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Put the flour on a worktop and create a dent in the centre, add then add all the ingredients mentioned for the batter, knead it together and form a smooth dough then cover with clean tea towel and let it to rest for about a half hour in a cool place.
2. After 30 minutes divide the dough into 6 portions and roll each piece, about the thickness of a finger.
3. Now make further smaller pieces and place them on a tray which is lined with a tea towel.
4. In the meantime heat oil in a large frying pan and start frying the tiny pieces until just golden brown in color.
5. Remove them with the help of a slotted spoon drain it on a kitchen roll.
6. Start making the topping, take a pot big enough for all the struffoli to fit in , heat honey until it thins, then add the struffoli and coat them with honey.
7. Add half of the sprinkles and candied fruits and mix them well.
8. Once done remove from heat.
9. Sprinkle the rest of the sprinkles and candied fruits on top.
10. Serve the struffoli hot.