- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Stroganoff Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Vegan margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegan boullion||3 1⁄3 Cup (53.33 tbs), divided|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Portobello mushrooms||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Vegan sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ready made noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Meat alternative||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1602 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g78.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 100.8 mg
Sodium 41274.4 mg1719.8%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.2%
Dietary Fiber 35.8 g143.4%
Sugars 19.1 g
Protein 102 g203.8%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 46.2% Iron 98.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix the flour into 1/3 cup vegan bullion and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in the margarine. Add the remaining 3 cups of vegan boullion into the skillet. Then mix in the catsup, salt and bring to a boil.
3. Add green onion, green pepper and the portobello mushrooms and cook until soft.
4. Stir in the flour mixture and cook until thickened. Add vegan sour cream and heat through.
5. Pour the sauce over ready made noodles and stir in the meat alternative.
6. Serve the hot Vegan Stroganoff with baked potatoes.