- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Striped Bass A La Ferezana Recipe
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White leek||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, finely grated|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Whole pimento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Small sized pimento)|
|Striped bass||4 Pound, cleaned|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 699 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 279.5 mg93.2%
Sodium 300.9 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 62 g125%
Vitamin A 89.8% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven
2. Sauté pine nuts in 1/4 cup butter in saucepan until lightly browned. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
3. Sauté leeks and mushrooms in same pan until tender but not browned.
4. Add carrots, raisins and green pepper; cove and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in shrimp and olives; season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Place bass in large shallow roasting pan. Pour 3 tablespoons melted butter, oil and 1/4 cup brandy over bass; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in 400-degree oven for 15 minutes.
7. Arrange olive mixture next to bass; sprinkle with pine nuts. Heat remaining brandy; ignite and pour over olive mixture. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily, basting occasionally.
8. Serve with parsley potatoes.