- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Striped Bass With Pungent Sauce Recipe
|Whole stripped bass/Sea bass||3 1⁄2 Pound, dressed, with head and tail left on|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Small, cut into 3-inch-iong matchstick-thin strips|
|Stalk celery||1 , cut into 3-inch-iong matchstick-thin strips|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet pickle relish||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemons||2 Medium, sliced (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2360 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 650.9 mg
Sodium 3866.5 mg161.1%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 191.6 g
Protein 295 g591%
Vitamin A 236.8% Vitamin C 157.3%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 37%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In small bowl, mix sherry and 1 teaspoon salt. With hands, rub sherry mixture on fish and in body cavity. Place fish on platter; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. In 5- or 6-quart Dutch oven or saucepot, over medium heat, heat about 1 inch salad oil to 350°F. on deep-fat thermometer.
4. Again pat fish dry with paper towels; coat fish with 1/3 cup cornstarch. Carefully slip 1 piece of fish into hot salad oil; cook 8 minutes or until underside is golden.
5. With pancake turner, turn fish over to brown the other side, about 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Drain fish on paper towels 1 minute; then place on large warm platter; keep warm. Repeat with second piece. Reassemble pieces to make whole fish.
6. Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot salad oil, cook carrot, celery, and V2 teaspoon salt, stirring quickly and frequently, 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Spoon mixture into small bowl; set aside.
7. In same saucepan over medium-low heat, heat water, sugar, vinegar, catchup, pickle relish, soy sauce, and 3 tablespoons cornstarch to boiling, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Pour sauce over and around fish; sprinkle fish with carrot mixture and garnish with lemon slices.