- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Streusel Topped Pear Pie Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Packed light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4174 Calories from Fat 1808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 206 g316.7%
Saturated Fat 128.4 g642.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 543.3 mg
Sodium 784.9 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 561 g187%
Dietary Fiber 38.6 g154.6%
Sugars 289.5 g
Protein 49 g97.9%
Vitamin A 128.5% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 65% Iron 86.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. To remaining flour mixture, add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with fork after each addition until pastry is moist enough to hold together. Shape pastry into ball.
3. On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll pastry into round about 2 inches larger than 9-inch pie plate; use to line pie plate. Trim edges, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fold overhang under, then bring up over pie-plate rim; pinch to form a high fluted edge.
4. Peel, core, and cut pears into thick slices to make about 4 1/2 cups. In large bowl, toss pears with sugar, lemon juice, 1/4 cup flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; spoon mixture into piecrust.
5. Preheat oven to 425°F. In medium-sized bowl, combine reserved flour mixture with brown sugar and next 3 ingredients. With pastry blender or 2 knives used scissors fashion, cut in cheese and 4 tablespoons butter or margarine (1/2 stick) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs and ingredients are well blended. Sprinkle over pears.
6. Bake pie 40 minutes; cover loosely with foil (so topping does not brown too much); bake 20 minutes more. Cool on wire rack 1 hour; serve warm. Or cool completely to serve later.