- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Streusel Berry Bars Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Strawberry preserves||10 Ounce (1 jar, raspberry preserves)|
|Powdered sugar icing/Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.9 mg
Sodium 12.6 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 57.9 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, put together butter and sugar; using an electric mixer beat at medium speed until well combines, occasionally scrape sides.
3. Add egg and beat to combine.
4. Gradually add flour and beat to combine as much flour as possible.
5. With hands, mix remaining flour and pecans; separate ½ cup pecan mixture and keep aside.
6. Into an ungreased 9x9x2-inch baking pan, press remaining pecan mixture to the bottom.
7. Add preserves and spread within ½ inch of the edge of crust.
8. Dot top with remaining reserved pecan mixture.
9. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until top is golden brown.
10. Remove pan to a wire rack and let cool.
11. Sift powdered sugar on top and cut into bars.