- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Divinity Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Strawberry gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4388 Calories from Fat 833
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.4%
Saturated Fat 24.6 g123.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1297.2 mg54%
Total Carbohydrates 902 g300.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.3%
Sugars 750.1 g
Protein 43 g85.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 25.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water.
2) Allow to boil, while stirring constantly.
3) Lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, to a hastrard-ball stage.
4) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till fluffy.
5) Slowly add in the gelatin, beating till firm peaks.
6) Slowly pour in the hot syrup slowly into the egg whites, beating constantly.
7) Beat till the candy loses gloss and holds its shape.
8) Fold in the nuts and coconut.
9) Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
11) Serve as a snack.