- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Cream Bombe Recipe
|Strawberry ice cream||2 Pint|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2413 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.8%
Saturated Fat 55.9 g279.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 701.6 mg
Sodium 344 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 363 g120.9%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92.2%
Sugars 322.6 g
Protein 37 g73.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 55.2%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a 7-cup mold in freezer and chill until needed
2) In a bowl, place ice cream, and soften.
3) Immediately smear the ice cream as quickly as possible with back of spoon inside the mold to make 1/2 inch thick shell lining.
4) Place the molds in freezer until the ice cream layer hardens.
5) In a top bowl of double boiler, beat the egg yolks until thick.
6) While still beating, add in 1/3 cup sugar, lemon rind, juice and cold water.
7) Allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, over rapidly boiling water until thickened.
8) Remove the bowl from double boiler and leave to cool thoroughly.
9) In a small clean bowl, beat egg white until frothy.
10) While still beating, add in 2 tablespoons sugar gradually and beat until stiff peaks.
11) Lightly fold in lemon mixture and whipped cream.
12) Spoon the egg white mixture into ice cream-lined mold.
13) Return the molds back in freeze.
14) To serve dip mold into warm water and invert onto chilled plate.
15) Garnish with fresh strawberry halves if desired.