- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Walnut Gateau Recipe
|Light brown soft sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Strawberries||500 Gram, sliced|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2570 Calories from Fat 1288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.5%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 331.4 mg110.5%
Sodium 77.6 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 288 g96.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.1%
Sugars 200.7 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 492.2%
Calcium 34% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk with an electric whisk for about 10 minutes, until the mixture is very thick and mousse-like.
3. Carefully fold in the flour and ground walnuts.
4. Turn into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/375°F, for 20-25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
5. Set aside a quarter of the cream and a few strawberry slices. Fold the other strawberries and cream together.
6. Cut the cake into 3 equal pieces widthways and sandwich together with the strawberry and cream filling.
7. Spread some of the remaining cream over the sides of the gateau and coat with the chopped walnuts.