- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Topped Bran Crisps Recipe
|Unprocessed bran||3⁄4 Ounce|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon, thawed (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Reduced calorie strawberry spread||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 93 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 250Â°F before baking.
2) Take a small bowl and mix together bran and flour in it using a fork.
3) Pour in apple juice and water and stir until all bran mixture is moistened.
4) Take a 15 x 9-inch non-stick cookie sheet and spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
5) Onto the prepared sheet, spoon bran mixture, forming 4 mounds and allowing a space of about 6 inches between each.
6) With a sheet of wax paper cover entire surface and roll each mound into a circle using a rolling pin, about 3 inches in diameter.
7) Bake them for about 30 minutes until crisps are dry.
8) Place them on a rack using a metal spatula and then allow cooling.
9) With 1/2 teaspoon strawberry, spread each crisp and serve at once.