- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Tarts Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), whipped|
|3 inch baked tart shells||8|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint, washed|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.7 mg
Sodium 111 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, and salt in top of a double boiler. Mix milk.
2) Stir and cook mixture over boiling water until thickened.
3) Mix little hot mixture into egg.
4) Stir egg mixture into remaining hot mixture.
5) Add egg mixture to the hot mixture and stir well.
6) Turn off heat and add vanilla.
7) Let cool.
8) Mix custard into whipped cream.
9) Spoon tart shells half with the filling.
10) Place 4 to 5 strawberries over filling.
11) On each tart spread 1 teaspoon jelly g in between strawberries.
12) Chill before serving.
13) Serve chilled.