- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Sundae Sauce Recipe
|Frozen sliced strawberries||30 Ounce (Partly Thawed)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.12 g0.18%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.03%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.1 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 29.8 g
Protein 0.46 g0.91%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 73%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine 1 package sliced strawberries sugar and water
2. Heat on a low flame, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
3. Simmer, stirring frequently for 10 minutes until syrup has thickened.
4. In a medium bowl, empty the remaining packets of strawberries.
5. Pour hot syrup over frozen strawberries and stir until strawberries are thawed.
6. Turn into a jar, cover and refrigerate
7. Serve the sauce over your favorite ice-cream.