- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Sundae Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Pint, softened|
|Raspberry sherbet||1 Pint, softened|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberry topping||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6689 Calories from Fat 3347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 377 g579.9%
Saturated Fat 202.2 g1011.2%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 1535.5 mg
Sodium 2647.7 mg110.3%
Total Carbohydrates 752 g250.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.7 g106.8%
Sugars 511.6 g
Protein 90 g179.8%
Vitamin A 234.3% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 222.8% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat shortening in small bowl of electric mixer at medium speed; gradually beat in the 3/4 cup sugar until mixture is fluffy, then beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
4. Add sifted flour mixture, a third at a time, alternately with milk, stirring just until blended; pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Loosen around edge with a knife; turn out onto rack; peel off wax paper; cool cake completely.
7. Split cake, crosswise, into three thin layers with a sharp knife; press bottom layer into an 8-inch spring-form pan. Spread with 1 pint of the vanilla ice cream; top with second layer; spread with all of the raspberry sherbet; top with third cake layer. Spread with remaining 1 pint vanilla ice cream.
8. Cover pan with plastic wrap; freeze several hours, or until very firm.
9. Beat cream with the 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until stiff in a small deep bowl. .
10. Release spring from pan and carefully lift off side; place cake on a cookie sheet. Frost side and top with part of the whipped cream mixture; spoon remaining in puffs around top edge to make a rim. Freeze overnight.
11. Prepare STRAWBERRY TOPPING I and cool. Just before serving, place frozen cake on a serving plate; spoon strawberry topping in center. Cut cake in wedges with a sharp knife.