- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Souffle Delight Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||4 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||6 (At Room Temperature)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2893 Calories from Fat 1588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 181 g278.2%
Saturated Fat 110.7 g553.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 657.6 mg
Sodium 1004.7 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 290 g96.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.1%
Sugars 249 g
Protein 52 g104.9%
Vitamin A 143.5% Vitamin C 961%
Calcium 49.3% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 2-quart saucepan, stir one-third of berries and 3 tablespoons sugar. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; let stand 1 minute to soften slightly. Cook over low heat, stirring, until gelatin completely dissolves.
3. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in lemon juice and remaining pureed strawberries. Pour mixture into bowl. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare collar for 2-quart souffle dish: From roll of waxed paper, tear off 26-inch strip; fold lengthwise into 26" by 6" strip. Wrap waxed paper around outside of souffle dish so collar stands about 3 inches above rim. Secure collar with cellophane tape.
5. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form; gradually sprinkle in 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until sugar completely dissolves and whites stand in stiff peaks.
6. Using same beaters, beat chilled strawberry mixture until fluffy, about 2 minutes. In another small bowl, using same beaters, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
7. Gently fold strawberry mixture and whipped cream into egg-white mixture. Spoon into souffle dish; cover; refrigerate until set.