- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Shortcake With Whipped Cream Topping Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sweetened strawberries/Other fresh fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2415 Calories from Fat 1019
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 116 g177.8%
Saturated Fat 71.6 g357.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 323.1 mg
Sodium 2302.3 mg95.9%
Total Carbohydrates 313 g104.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 112.7 g
Protein 36 g72.7%
Vitamin A 71.4% Vitamin C 69.2%
Calcium 152.5% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk and mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened. Dough will be thick and lumpy.
3. Divide dough into two portions. Drop one-half of dough by teaspoonfuls into each lined cake dish. Spread evenly with moistened fingers.
4. Cook uncovered, one dish at a time, in microwave oven 2 1/2 to 3 minutes at HIGH, or until done.
5. Remove shortcake from dishes and peel off paper.
6. Serve shortcake warm, filled and topped with fruit and whipped cream.