- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3648 Calories from Fat 1794
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.6%
Saturated Fat 98.8 g494%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 440.7 mg
Sodium 2900.9 mg120.9%
Total Carbohydrates 432 g143.8%
Dietary Fiber 26 g103.9%
Sugars 205.7 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 98.4% Vitamin C 943.3%
Calcium 126.8% Iron 93.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. On lightly floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Pat dough evenly into cake pan. Bake 15 minutes or until golden.
3. Wash strawberries. Reserve 4 whole strawberries for garnish; hull and halve or quarter remaining strawberries. In medium-sized bowl, mix cut-up strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar until sugar dissolves (do not let strawberries stand too long or they will become very liquid).
4. Invert shortcake on work surface. With long serrated knife, carefully split hot shortcake horizontally. Spread both cut surfaces of short cake with butter or margarine.
5. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
6. Place bottom half of shortcake, cut side up, on dessert platter; top with half of strawberry mixture. Arrange top cake half, cut side down, on strawberry mixture. Spoon remaining strawberry mixture over top of cake. Then pile whipped cream on top of strawberries. Garnish cream with reserved whole strawberries.