- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Ribbon Cake Recipe
|For the crust|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fine graham wafer crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For the strawberry layer|
|Strawberry jello||3 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Frozen strawberries/1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries||10 Ounce, crushed (1 Packet)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For the cheese layer|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Soft cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3582 Calories from Fat 2118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g366.6%
Saturated Fat 147.1 g735.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 818.5 mg
Sodium 1299.8 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 268.2 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 96% Vitamin C 549%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix sugar, wafer crumbs and melted butter to form the mixture for the crust. Keep aside a handful of the mixture for later. Tightly press the rest of it into an 8" or 9" pan. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or until set.
2) In a bowl of boiling water dissolve the jelly powder. Add in sugar and mix well. Mix in the strawberries and lemon juice. Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is set to a jelly-like consistency.
3) In a bowl, beat the whipping cream till it becomes stiff.
Add a little of the whipped cream into a mixture of cream cheese, icing sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat till soft and creamy. Gently fold in the rest of the whipping cream.
4) Take the set crust out of the fride. Spread out about half of the whipped cream mixture over the crust.
5) Spread half of the jelly mixture over the whipped cream. Alternate the two mixture to form four layers. Top the cake with the reserved mixture for the crust.
6) Place the cake in the refrigeratot until set.
7) Garnish the Strawberry Ribbon Cake with thin slices of strawberries.