- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp Dessert Recipe Video
|Rhubarb||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 1 1/2 inch slice|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), slice|
|Compliments pure maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Compliments balance original granola cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Compliments natural almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Butter||4 Teaspoon, melt|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.4 mg
Sodium 80.8 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 8% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree.
2. In a large baking dish combine rhubarb, strawberries, maple syrup, cornstarch, ginger, and salt. Mix well to coat evenly.
3. For crisp, in another bowl, put granola cereals, almonds, and butter. Mix well to combine.
4. Spread the crisp evenly on top of the fruits in baking dish.
5. Place the dish in the middle rack of oven and bake for about 30 minutes, until the crispy top is golden and the fruit is bubbling.
6. Serve rhubarb strawberry crisp immediately.
If you do not have fresh rhubarb, then you can always use frozen ones to prepare the dish, but you must drain out excess moisture after thawing.