- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Pie Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 209
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg
Sodium 167.5 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 154.9%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash berries and neatly remove the stems.
2) Cut large and perfect berries into 2 or 3 slices.
3) Take a small bowl and mash the remaining berries in it.
4) In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Also mix mashed berries and water.
5) Place the saucepan over low heat and cook the berry mixture until it is clear and thick. Allow the mixture to cool.
6) Add berry slices to the cooled mixture.
7) Now, take the pie shell and spread half of the whipped cream on its base. Pour half of the berry mixture over whipped cream.
8) Repeat the two layers and chill the pie.
9) Serve chilled.