- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Meringues Recipe
|Light muscovado sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Muscovado sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hulled|
|Rose water||2 Tablespoon|
|Ricotta||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Low Fat)|
|Low fat ricotta cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Rose scented geranium leaves||4|
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.9 mg
Sodium 90.1 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 39.7 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 250Â°F/120Â°C.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt together until very stiff and dry.
4) Slowly whisk in the sugar, a spoonful at a time, until stiff again.
5) In the lined dish, drop 12 spoonfuls of the meringue mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 3-3 1/2 hours, or until completely dried out and crisp.
7) Let them cool for few minutes.
8) Reserve 1/3 cup of the strawberries and puree the remaining strawberries in a food processor or blender a for a few seconds until smooth.
9) Alternatively, mash the strawberries with a fork and press through a strainer.
10) Add rose water and let it chill until used.
11) Slice the reserved strawberries lengthwise.
12) Sandwich the meringues together with ricotta and sliced strawberries.
13) On 6 serving plates, Spoon the strawberry rose puree.
14) Top the puree with meringue.
15) Decorate with rose petals and rose-scented geranium leaves, and serve with extra strawberries, if using.