- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Meringue Cake Recipe
|Yellow cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (1 package, 2-layer-size)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, hulled|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5519 Calories from Fat 2025
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g348.6%
Saturated Fat 130 g649.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1403.2 mg
Sodium 3606.7 mg150.3%
Total Carbohydrates 788 g262.6%
Dietary Fiber 31.9 g127.8%
Sugars 560.5 g
Protein 54 g108.6%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 1145.2%
Calcium 54% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the orange juice, cake mix, 1/3 cup water, egg yolks and orange peel.
3) For about 4 minutes, beat the mixture with an electric mixer set on medium.
4) Into 2 greased and waxed paper-lined 9x1 ½-inches round cake pans, pour the mixture.
5) Beat the egg whites with the cream o tartar till soft peaks start to form.
6) Over the batter in the cake pans, spread the meringue evenly.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool.
8) With the help of flexible spatulas, carefully remove the cake from the pan. Ensure that the meringue side stays up.
9) Set a few berries aside for garnish and slice the remaining berries.
10) Whip the cream with ¼ cup of sugar.
11) Over the meringue on the bottom cake layer, spread 2/3 of the whipped cream.
12) On the whipped cream, arrange the sliced berries.
13) Add the top layer, with the meringue side up.
14) With the remaining whipped cream and the reserved whole strawberries, garnish the preparation and serve at room temperature or chilled.