- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe Video
|Zest of lemon||1 Large, wide strips|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 893 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.54 g0.83%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 256.3 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 235 g78.4%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 214.5 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 369.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the lemon syrup: in a saucepan take the lemon zest, 1-1/2 cups sugar and 1-1/2 cups water.
2. Stir, until the sugar dissolves; let cool to room temperature.
3. For the strawberry syrup: Toss the strawberries and the remaining ½ cup sugar in a bowl and let sit at room temperature until the sugar dissolves, about 45 minutes.
4. Strain the strawberry mixture; reserve the strawberry syrup and berries separately.
5. For the lemonade: Combine the lemon juice, lemon syrup, salt and 2 cups of cold water in a pitcher.
6. Take a tall glass, put 1 tablespoon of the strawberry syrup.
7. Fill with ice and then top with the lemonade.
8. Garnish lemonade with the reserved strawberries.