- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Lemon Trifle Recipe
|Instant vanilla pudding||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Skim milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Yogurt||12 Ounce, flavored|
|Angel food cake||1|
|Strawberries||1 Quart, rinsed|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2023 Calories from Fat 747
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g136.1%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.9 mg
Sodium 2031.7 mg84.7%
Total Carbohydrates 268 g89.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.5%
Sugars 180.5 g
Protein 65 g129.4%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 936.8%
Calcium 145.2% Iron 53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) As per the directions on the package, make the vanilla pudding with 1 Â¾ cups skim milk.
2) Once the pudding has thickened, add the yogurt and stir till the ingredients have blended well.
3) Cut the angel food cake into cubes of 1-inch each.
4) In order to assemble the trifle, on the bottom of a deep glass bowl, place 1/3rd of the cake cubes.
5) Over the cake, spread 1/3rd of the pudding mixture.
6) Repeat the cake, pudding and strawberries layers about 2 more times, till the ingredients are all used up.
7) Sprinkle sliced toasted almonds all over and serve the trifle at room temperature or chilled as a dessert.