- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe
|Strawberries||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5092 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.5%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1307 g435.8%
Dietary Fiber 28.1 g112.3%
Sugars 1267.5 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 1375.3%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash cranberries, drain, hull and crush them.
2. If they are very ripe and sweet, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice for every cup of crushed berries.
3. In a large saucepan, mixed together crushed cranberries and sugar; quickly boil to jellying state.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, pour hot mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for about 5 minutes; start noting processing time after water in the canner returns to boiling.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Serve Strawberry Jam as dessert topping or apply over bread toast and serve.