- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Jam Recipe
|Strawberries||2 Pint, sliced to make 6 cups|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||6 Ounce (1 Packet)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3219 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 344.2 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 680 g226.8%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g82%
Sugars 648.3 g
Protein 152 g304.9%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 1009.1%
Calcium 27.1% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2-quart casserole, crush the berries lightly.
2. Stir in the sugar, lemon peel and juice.
3. In the microwave, cook for 10 to 12 minutes at High, until it reaches a boil, stirring twice.
4. Cook for 10 minutes more at Power 5 or Medium to simmer, stirring once.
5. Add the gelatin and stir it in.
6. Let the dish stand for 30 minutes.
7. Serve on a variety of dishes.
To store, spoon the jam into plastic freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at the top, cool to room temperature and cover with lids. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.