- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
|Strawberries||225 Gram, hulled|
|Granulated sugar||50 Gram|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), well chilled (1 Small Can)|
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.3 mg
Sodium 183.8 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 66.5 g
Protein 14 g28.6%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 113.6%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, put the strawberries along with the granulated sugar. Gently cook till the fruit is soft. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
2) Sieve to make a puree and keep aside till it is quite cold.
3) Separate the eggs and in a small bowl, put the yolks. Use a fork to blend well.
4) In a large bowl, put the whites and whisk till they are stiff. Add castor sugar, one spoon at a time, and whisk well.
5) Into the whites, whisk the egg yolks gradually and carefully.
6) In a bowl, whisk the evaporated milk till it is thick. Fold the milk into the egg mixture along with the strawberry puree.
7) Turn the concoction into a 1 ½-pint dish. Keep in the freezer for at least 4 hours or till it has set.
8) To freeze for storage, cover, label and keep in the freezer.
9) Allow the frozen preparation to stand for 5 minutes at room temperature and serve.