- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Ice Recipe
|Confectioners sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemonade||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2237 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.07 g0.36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 101.1 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 539 g179.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 522.7 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 712.4%
Calcium 113.6% Iron 23.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim and hull strawberries, drain in a small colander. Cut into small pieces.
2) Finely sieve strawberries. Add mixture to the puree. Blend the fruit and sugar to puree in a blender.
3) Pour lemonade in the strawberry puree to make 2 cups liquid.
4) Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray or plastic freezer container. Cover with foil or a lid and place in freezer.
5) When the edges of the mixture solidify, take it out from freezer.
6) Scrape the frozen content into the center of the container with a fork.
7) Whip egg whites till stiff and fold them into the strawberry mixture.
8) Place on the freezer into desired moulds or container.
9) Freeze the ice covered till set.
10) Place the water ice spooned into dessert bowls or molds.