- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Fool Recipe
|Strawberries||6 Ounce (175 Grams, Fresh / Frozen)|
|Gelatin powder||1⁄4 Ounce (7 Grams)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Natural yogurt||2 Ounce (2 Small Cartons Of 1 Ounce / 300 Grams Each)|
|Sweet n low||4 Teaspoon (4 Packets)|
Calories 35 Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.61 g0.95%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 34.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thoroughly defrost strawberries, if frozen.
2. Following direction on the package, dissolve gelain in water; let it just warm.
3. Crush strawberries to get puree.
4. In a medium bowl, blend strawberry puree with yogurt.
5. Pour yogurt-puree mixture into gelatine mixture and blend.
6. Chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
7. After strawberry-gelatine mixture is chilled, prepare egg whites.
8. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites with Sweet 'n' Low until stiff.
9. Add to the strawberry-gelatine mixture and mix with folding movements.
10. Into four dessert glasses, divide strawberry fool into equal portions and freeze until served.
11. Remove required portions from freezer and defrost.
12. Top with a slice of cold strawberry and serve.