- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Divinity Recipe
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , unbeaten|
|Strawberry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), flaked or shredded|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), flaked or shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4398 Calories from Fat 902
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g165.6%
Saturated Fat 20 g99.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 429.6 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 821 g273.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.1 g64.3%
Sugars 676 g
Protein 92 g184.8%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a pan.
2. In a saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup and water.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continually.
4. Reduce the flame and and continue haeting the mixture, stirring occasionally. Cook until the mixture reaches the hard ball stage.
5. Beat egg whites until fluffy followed by the addition of gelatin, beating until mixture forms peaks.
6. Pour some hot syrup in a thin stream into the beaten whites, stirring constantly.
7. Beat until the candy loses gloss and holds shape.
8. Fold in coconut and nuts.
9. Pour into a greased pan and allow it to set in the refrigerator.
10. Cut into pieces once set.
11. Arrange the pieces in a serving dish and serve.