- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Strawberry Devonshire Tart Recipe
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Packet)|
|Sour cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||1 1⁄2 Quart, washed, hulled|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3527 Calories from Fat 1187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g208.3%
Saturated Fat 79.9 g399.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 358.8 mg
Sodium 343.5 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 566 g188.6%
Dietary Fiber 34.5 g138%
Sugars 340.7 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 86.4% Vitamin C 1391.5%
Calcium 43.1% Iron 84.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter or margarine.
3) Knead the above dough enough to mix in all the ingredients together.
4) Into a 9" tart pan with a attachable base, pat the dough tightly onto the bottom and sides.
5) Bake for about 45 minutes.
6) In a bowl, beat the cream cheese till it turns fluffy. Add in the sour cream and continue beating to get a smooth texture.
7) Spread the cream mixture on the pastry shell to form the base. Refrigerate till the cream sets.
8) Mash strawberries to get about 1 cup of pulp. Strain the pulp and add enough water to get a whole cup. Add in sugar and cornstarch and mix well. Add in 1/2 cup and the strained berries cooking the mixture on medium flame till it is thick and clear. Boil the mixture for a minute.
9) Let the mixture cool down slightly by stirring it a few times. If desired, add a few dropd of food coloring at this point.
10) Take the baked pastry shells and arrange the remaining strawberries in it, with their base facing downwards.
11) Pour the strawberry filling into the pastry shell and let chill for at least 1 hour.
12 Garnish the Strawberry Tart with whiped cream.